Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Election sadness

The roads are empty. The sidewalks are bare. The polling satiations are practically deserted. It feels like the whole city has disappeared. Today I went to cast my ballot for the next Knesset. While voting, it struck me how sad this day is. Very few people were there to vote (They people behind the desk were almost excited to see me, as that meant that there was someone to finally vote!) and while voting all I could think was “Please don’t screw up the country any more!” I really think that most of us lacked confidence in today’s elections – there is no real strong individual that is going to be our next statesman, our representative- it’s sad. Very sad.

However, I would like to say that I did laugh while I was there as I kept thinking of that scene fro the movie… heheh, when I got to my appointed place, I found a few camera crews already outside waiting. Waiting for what? THERE WASN’T ANYONE THERE!

What a day. The polls close at 10 pm tonight; we should have the results by tomorrow morning around 5 am.

(FYI- this is how we vote. We show the election people our id, they then give us a little blue envelope. WE then go into this little booth and in front of us are lots of little papers, each party has one. You then take the slip of the party you want, put it into the envelope, seal the envelope THEN put it in the box)
Also, in my cab to work I was talking with my driver and we both noticed that this free day that we were given(Its a paid non work day) ist cold and gray. What luck!

Wish us luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home