Friday, February 17, 2006

Ulpan, trees and talking monkeys

Welcome to yet another entry of my blog.

What a week. I can gladly say that thank goodness it is the weekend.

It’s been a long week. Very long week. In fact, its times like this that I am glad that there is a Shabbat to look forward too.

Ulpan

Ulpan is kicking my butt. I’m not kidding. It’s hard. It’s funny; yesterday we were talking in class about intelligence and how some people have intelligence in languages. Let me tell you, that’s not me. My Uncle Steven got enough of that for the whole family (want to share a few with me? Heck, I’ll just take one!) Truth is, ulpan is stressing me out. It does and it will continue to do so. I just bought a book of 501 Hebrew verbs I’m hoping that it will help me a bit. All the “pi-els and poo-els” uurggggh. I really don’t like my not nice teacher. I call her the snake. Don’t trust her, don’t trust her one bit. Still having a good time in the class though… the English speakers are banding together. The frenchies have their own little pack. Could end up being a little west side story… (Gogie, you get a solo…heh…)

Work.

I’m not really sure what I am doing. I should know by Monday. Grrr.

Shabbat:

It all started last night when we came out to Modiin. I had been saving a Pearl’s Salami (yes, from Toronto) for this kind of occasion. We bbqed it. Let me tell you, it was amazing. Mmmmmm. I cut it into thin slices and when it was grilling, it popped up nice. Mmm… Good times. It might just be Ian, Moshe and I for Shabbat. We made a roast. We seasoned it last night. My first roast. It smells and looks great. I cannot wait. Looking forward to a restful Shabbat and some good reading.

Other brain matter:

Was a good week. A monkey in my mailbox, a tree planted and I actually made a living room in my apartment. It’s nice not having to watch TV or movies in my room. When are you coming over to check it out? I also bought a mini-tree. It presently “lives” in my kitchen. Not sure why, but I named him Marshal. Ok, I’m strange. But if this doesn’t surprise you, clearly you have known me for a while.

All right back to watching battlestar galactica. The new series mind you. It’s “frackin’ amazing. (If you watch the show. You just got the lil’ joke.)

Shabbat shalom,
Nikster

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

la la echem echem....
la la laaaa laa la la la
pdm pum.



tytyty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home