Monday, January 30, 2006

Demoted.

I've been demoted.

That's right. My ulpan teacher came over to me, whispered in my ear and just as she began to talk I said (in Hebrew, ofcourse)
"I know. This class isnt for me. Im going to switch to Gimmel (level 3)" She nodded, smiled and walked back to her desk (to play her stupid new age bird chirping music.) The best part of the demotion: NO MORE NEW AGE HIPPIE MUSIC.

There is also hope that the people in Kitah gimmel will be friendly as the people in Daled are not the happiest (though I did make one non-Gogie friend, here name is Lilah, she speaks no English, I speak no Arabic so together we're practicing our hebrew. Works for me.)

Oh,a nd before I run to class:

All these people come to Ulpan to learn hebrew and all they do is TALK IN ENGLISH. Sheesh. People, let's move out of our anglo bubbles and start walking the walk and talking the talk.

Oh, Interview.

So I had it. He told me off the bat that my Hebrew isnt good enough - but maybe in 6 months. . .

So, I do Have a Job. I am learning hebrew. I am making new friends and I hate hippie new age bird chirping music. I do. I hate it.
Ok. I've ranted.

Time for Mishna (yes, I am still at the yeshiva - sorta, doing a few classes when I can...)

Nikki

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the birds the birds watch out for new age hippie bird droppings. your taking demotion really well. good for you. oh wait. tov lach!!! eevrit at rotza az eevrit at tikcha chahchahchah :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home