Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The search continues.

I feel like I spend most of my time searching. Searching for employment, roommates, and ulpanim (intensive Hebrew learning.) Slowly slowly I am finding work. More so leads. I think that everyone I know (and meet) knows that I am looking for a job and is aiding in this search. My resume has been faxed around the country, e-mailed through cyber-space and pretty much plastered all over the place. It’s a bit crazy. I’ve come to the realization that working in a call-centre might just happen. If it does, great, it will be a new experience and good things will come from it. Can’t knock something until I’ve tried it! Truth is, I’m just looking for work. Get myself into something for a year or two, make some money, sort out some things and just have a good time. So, we will see. Think good thoughts!

Roommates:

I think it’s time to leave alone for a bit. Let’s just leave it at that.

Ulpan:

You need Hebrew to survive in this country. You need it, plain and simple. Without it, you are screwed and really not apart of the society. So here I am looking for an ulpan to learn it. I leave messages, I send emails, soon I am just going to show up on their doorstep and say “TAKE ME!” Wish me luck. I think it starts next week, so let’s hope.

Other brain matter:

I found a coffee table. Really, I found it. It was across the street from my apartment (no no, not near the big green garbage can) and at 12:15 a.m. in the morning as I was walking by, I claimed it as mine. It’s something that I’ve needed for my apartment and now I have one. I have no idea how I got it up the stairs all by me’ self but I did. Its nice and solid, a mahogany color (it matches so that’s nice) so finders keepers. I love this country. Best shopping is on the street! Now to figure out where to put it. Good things happen after a good cup of "na na tea." Who knows what I will find next time?

Elections:

I still don’t know who to vote for. My options seem to be: Dumb, Dumber and Stalin. So, no no and no. AHHH. HELP! I’ve only got another month and a half, it’s crazy. I’ll figure it out. Crazy that this is the first time I am voting in a country that actually matters. Who would have thought?


All right. That’s enough for now. Drop me a line; love to hear how things are going for you – regardless of which side of the pond you are on.

Nikki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home