Sunday, February 05, 2006

A little bit of everything

Ok. It’s time to do an update. However, it’s going to be quick, as I really don’t have that much time…. However, here it goes.
Vacation

Last week was pretty crazy. I spent a good part of it being on “vacation.” Meaning, I spent time with friends, slept late, once and awhile did something to engage my brain and that’s about it. I spent Shabbat with my family out in hasmoniam, so that was nice. It was raining buckets when I first got there. It was pretty crazy. Shabbat was really and relaxing. Played apples to apples (which is a great game… and if you ever see it on sale, feel free to mail me a copy…. : ) ) so that was nice. Last night was at a housewarming for another friend. Was nice being out with my friends for a bit. Left a bit early, but everyone was pretty much leaving at the same time.

Ivrit (Hebrew)

Today. I got my butt out of bed, and then missed the bus for my first real day in ulpan. I got there late (oops…) Gogie made a “tsk, tsk” at me (and everyone laughed… thanks Gogie.. I hate you.) Our class is pretty good. A mix of people from all over the world: Estonia, USA, England, Belgium, Israel, Texas (I know that is a state in the US, but if you’ve ever been there, you know that it is it’s own country… grrr Texas…) The Hebrew teacher is pretty good (have no idea what her name is, I missed that in the first few moments…) So I know that it’s going to be tough, but hey, I got to learn it. Everyday 8:00 am until 12:30 baby. Bring it on.

Safta’s request.

Safta, my grandmother, requested that I speak more about my pets. So here it goes. I hav
Two cats. One, is mine (Moe) and the other, Shanti, is my foster kitty for the time being. They are great cat, although slightly insane. Here are there latest tricks. They discovered the storage area ontop of the shower. So they hide there, then jump out and scare the *(&(*&*^ out of me. Also, Shanty has learned how to open the freezer. Last thing I need is him getting stuck in there, so it’s been taped. They are a laugh those two. Moe, who came from the street, is a snob (he will only eat proper cat food, he likes his litter to be cleaned in a certain manner, or else he will sit on my shelf and knock my star wars collection off just to piss me off…. Yup,s a he’s a snob. Shanty, who came from a house, he is such a street cat. He likes the garbage and being insane. They are good cats though. Just not at 3 am when they think its playtime. Just because I woke up to get a drink of water does NOT mean that it’s time to play.


Other brain matter:

Um… Yeah. I’m part of a group called the Monday night movie club, only catch is, we never meet on a Monday night, it’s a rule. However, tomorrow night we might meet. Hehhe. Truth is, it’s just me and a few friends that get together watch a movie, make dinner and just laugh. It’s a good time. Think I am going to a football/soccer match this week, the government is giving free tickets to us immigrants – count me in! So I go pick up my “free” tickets tomorrow. While I am there, I will also get some paper work done.

Roommate:

Thiiiiiiisss close. Ill let you know. Im hoping.

Alright.that’s it for now.

Keep readin’

Have a great week.

nikki
HA, and I said this was goingto be quick. Liar.

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki!

I'm a first time poster long time reader. Great to hear that not much has changed since I left you by yourself in the Holy Land. I think I would like to put out a request to hear more about what you have for dinner. I don't really care about pets, but I do care about dinner. Think about it...

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not EVERYONE laughed!!! What about the thievery...did you tell everyone about that? Much better story then the tsk tsk one.
cya in class

 

Post a Comment

<< Home