Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Brain Matter - Does it matter?

The First of the Brain matter:

As I am finding out that more and more people are reading my blog (yet not leaving a post… just casually mentioning that they “saw it on my blog…” I’ve made a decision to try and update it more often… so here it goes.

First of, my computer (or compooper as I like to call it…) it’s very strange. The keys are VERY sensitive all of a sudden- its very annoying. And the mouse keeps going allover the place, so I will be typing and next thing I know the curser has moved and I am now typing somewhere else on the page. If you know what’s wrong please let me know. It’s driving me semi-mad. (JUST semi…)

My current “vacation”

So, I am on ‘vacation” right now. Meaning, I am not in ulpan (that starts Sunday) I am not working yet (see the work section to follow) and I’m not really at the yeshiva anymore. So the past few nights I have stayed out in Modi’in. We’ve watched movies, ordered burgers and just been having a nice time. Love the fact that vacation for me is modi’in. Tomorrow morning I am going to brave the bureaucracy of Israel and try and deal with my city taxes on my apartment. Odd that as a renter I have to pay it, but that’s the way thing are here. Fortunately, I get a discount because I’m an Olah Chadisha (new immigrant. ha ha I’m an immigrant!) So now I have to deal with 9 months past, plus the upcoming year. Hopefully my landlords will let me renew my lease so I wont have to go mid April and change all the info as that will just be a pain in the a… So Yeah. Vacation. It’s all good.

Roommate:

Still searching.
Work:

So I have a job. I am now employed as a customer service representative on the phone (NO, not THAT kind of phone person…) OK, so I will be working from 245-11 pm, so that’s not too bad. Truth is, it’s a job that works with my ulpan schedule. That’s what is important to me – need to learn the language in order to be apart of the society. So YAY me. I don’t start until Feb 12th though.

Election:

I’m still undecided. I might vote “dumb” instead of Dumber and Stalin. Ahhhh. There is always the choice of “petek lavan” which means you put a white slip in, meaning you care enough to show up to vote, but you just hate the options. I’ve got another month and a half. We’ll see how things change.

Ok. That’s enough. First off, My Safta (grandmother) reads my blog, so Hi Safta! Hello to everyone else that is reading this… I know you are out there, so leave me a message telling me so ϑ

Have a great day!

Nikki

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

Just love to read all your bios. Keep up the good work. Patti has just joined me and wants to see what I m doing. So hello from her.

Lots of love, Safta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home