Wednesday, February 08, 2006

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

This blog entry has been written in my head over the past few days. I finally have time to sit and write it (why I have time will be later….)

Ulpan:

So fine, I started it. I’m there. Our ulpan class had two teachers who are like night and day. One is abrasive and the other is the complete opposite. I’m still in kita gimmel (the third class) so that makes me happy. However, I have lots and lots of work to do in order to stay in that level – which is fine. Id rather be challenged then bored. I’ve learned that I cannot space off into my own world as that is the precise moment that the teacher will call on me to say something or answer a question. There are some really nice people in the class. We’ve got our own little back row thing going (surprised I’m sitting in the back row? I’m not.) However, I just want to say now, that Gogie stole my answer in class (which I do have to say was a great answer,) then told the teacher that I hate him. So Mister Gogie (as I know that you are reading this) you are mean. The end. (The teacher did say “after 2 days you already hate him?!?” then we explained to her that we’ve known each other for a while and then she accepted the hate. I guess I have to be nice as he is in class right now taking notes for me as I’m not there (more on that later) Truth is, I’m having a good time at ulpan, however, I’m exhausted. 5.5 hours of Hebrew a day is pretty intense. My brain needs a refill after class. I don’t know how I am going to do ulpan and work at the same time-but I’ll figure it out… OH work? This is going to be fun…

Work:

So I was supposed to start work this Sunday. I’ve prepared myself that my social life is over at nights and that I am going to be exhausted- fine, I’ve accepted all of that. However, I get this e-mail last night (that is telling me what to bring with me to work the first day etc.) and it tells me that there is JUST an orientation and work doesn’t start UNTIL the end of the month. YES THE END OF THE MONTH. What does this mean for me? A month of NOT MAKING ANY MONEY. Which means, HOW DO I PAY RENT? UTILITIES? FOOD? AHHHHHHH. I’m sure it will work out, it always does, but why do these things happen to me? Really, do I have a sign on my forehead saying “Please screw around with my life, please?” So if you are feeling charitable, please let me know (or know someone that wants to support someone living in Israel…. I’m your girl!) Whatever, this is the story of my life. I’m coming to accept this. At least I have a job-right? So I put out an ad on one of the list serves that Jerusalemites frequent saying I have lots of time over the next few weeks – so I am looking for babysitting, office work or whatever, hopefully something will come up. I’m hopeful but doomed. Make this stop! (I am smiling and rolling my eyes at all of this….so I am not freaking out too much… just mildly…. : ) )

Apartment:

The person that was going to live with me decided to go back to the states. So I am now at ground zero again. Wish me luck. Have we noticed a trend that things just don’t work for me?

Soccer/Football

So last night I went to the soccer game (or football depending on where you are from) As I said in a previous post, the ministry of immigrant “stuff” was giving out free tickets. So I went with my friend Nahum (and his friend Dan) to the game. It was a “friendly” game (meaning that it didn’t matter what the score was etc.) against Moscow. We sat hear the crazy fans. (who ARE CRAZY) and watched the game. It was an ok game. I learned that when your team is down what do you do? Well naturally you curse another team – even if they aren’t playing, you just sing the song about your rival team (calling them S.O.B.’s…) could you imagine that happening at a baseball or hockey game? Ok, fine, maybe a hockey game (if there was enough beer involved…) We lost 1-0. Thanks Moscow. I also wanted to add that it was INSANE getting in there. First, traffic was backed up to the stadium, then we had to sneak Nahums friend in (as he had a ticket for a different section) the staff didnt care, they just wanted to be out of the chaos of all the swarming people. It was a good night.
Elections:

Usual crap. Ever see the movie “Selah Shabati”? If so, know that I am going to vote like he did. If you havn’t see the movie, then you should. It’s a classic Israeli film about new immigrants. Yes, you can get English subtitles.

My Dinner:

Rachel requested to know what I have for dinner… Um…. mmm m.. Last night I had some pizza. (one slice) Night before that? Don’t even remember. Oh, Pancakes sure with Josh. Normally it’s chicken though : ) Happy Rachel?? :)

All the time in the World…

So I am writing this as I am getting a few tests done. Nothing serious, it just takes HOURS. Yes. I had some goopy stuff to drink (which naturally is making me feel gross) and in 2 hours they take my blood… again. So here I am sitting in the waiting room, on my computer (geek) not in ulpan (which sucks) so, here I am- feeling queasy, on my computer, wanted coffee and bored. It’s also FREEZING. It’s like sitting outside in Canada during December. Not kidding.


Well that’s the update of my life. Nothing too exciting. But I am sure something else catastrophic will happen – always does. Then it will temporarily work out. Then go to crap again.

Have a great day.

Nikki

As a post script: Gogie never went to class today so were missing notes. Boo. And drinking all this goo made me sick and I slept for 6 hours. Ugh. Not good. Not good.

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Az tagidi li mashehu. Aat be'emet hoshevet sheh anashim Korim et kol ha tishtushim shelach ba'internet?

Moshe

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Hey Moshe-

You read it.

Case and point.

Zing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home