Friday, March 17, 2006

Free Lettuce! Free Hamentashen!

I really feel that I have been sucked into a time warp and that the week just passes by too fast. I cannot remember when I actually sat down and tried to write. More so, I cannot remember when I have actually come home from work and wanted to look at a computer (unless I was watching a movie/BSG) well, that time has come and here I am. I sit, I think, I write and you read.

You can get things for free!


So, last Saturday night I decided that I desperately needed groceries. So after sitting and watching an hour of election commercials (more on that later) I decided to pack my bag and go to the grocery store 3 min from my apartment. So I get there and at 9 pm it’s CLOSED! Things aren’t closed in this country at 9 pm after Shabbat. Sheesh. So I go to the other grocery store – a 20 min walk away. Now as I am there going up and down the rows of over priced items (Remember, I shop in the open market, I missed shopping on Friday cause I fell asleep… silly nikki) as I am checking out the nice check-out lady told me I got something free (Something free???!!!) I got a lettuce. That’s right, a free lettuce. Aren’t I lucky?

Then the next night walking home from the bus after work, I decided that I need tomatoes. So I walk through the shook anyways, I decided to just pick some up. So I do, and I go to pay, the guy tells me to take them and enjoy.

Wow a free lettuce and free tomatoes! I got a salad!

Elections:

Here, they have set times that they show the election ads. It’s actually a good thing. You can just sit there and watch. Some crazy crazy stuff. The “middle party” Kadima and the “left” Labour have no differences anymore. Kadima is the new left (Sharon’s party) its insane. Though, I can’t say that I am voting for either of them (I love the people that are happy that there is a “middle” party to vote for so they can appease their religious ideals that the left doesn’t support; yet they don’t realize that their little centrist party is the same way, same ideals, same views… whatever.) I’ve decided whom I am going to vote for. I’m even joining a party.


Work.

Love it. I work full time in the recruitment department. Go me! Great people to work with, I even have a window view (which from it I saw a deer this week…) It’s good.

Purim

Hehe Purim. So I dressed up for the work competition. I wore my NASA space suit that I bought on Wheels a few years back. I won. Best costume for the day shift baby! I got a huge glass bowl filled with candy and wine. Good deal. Went to a really nice party at some new friends place – Gil and Randy. They are gogie’s friends. Really great people. Had a good time, AND I was home before midnight. I was getting up at 6 so I could be at work for Megillah at 7. Wild. Had sudah at my cousin Shimon’s place. He made lots of hamentashin. Was a good time.


Shabbat

Moshe is back, so were all in modiin, surprised? I’m not,



Ill finish my ranting now.
Shabbat Shalom.
Nikki

Dwarf of the day: Sleepy

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Nikki,

I agree that there isn't much of a difference in the current action plans of Kadima and Labor with regards to the Palestinian issue. However, in a country like Israel where political reality changes quickly and dramatically, it’s important to look at both the action plan and the ideological commitments of a particular party.

Labor is acting on the principle that a two-state solution is the ideal solution. For Kadima, the two-state solution is not the ideal, but rather the only way to guarantee the existence of an Israel that is both Jewish and democratic.

In other words, for Kadima, the decision to concede parts of the Land of Israel is not an ideological concession. It's a pragmatic necessity. And those people really do “appease their religious ideals,” as you put it. They are making a different statement with a Kadima vote than with a Labor vote.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Michelle-

However, as we know ideological commitments DO change per party ALL the time...

Kadima is the new labour - look at the polls and many of the issues- very similar. This is not just me saying this - many political commentators are also saying this as well.

It's going to be a very interesting election, thats all I can say.

Nikki
ps. Some how I knew you'd write a post... hehehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home