Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm writing.... you reading?

So,

I am actually going to write something. I am leaving Israel 2 weeks today to head back to Toronto for another round of work. I will be back though in December for a bit, and then back “full-time” pre-Pessach, so that is something to look forward. This year I have decided, for my own sanity, NOT to sublet my room. This way, when I come back, I can actually go into MY room and not sleep on my futon. The futon is great, but I’d rather be in my bed. J Speaking of my room. I have curtains. It’s very exciting. Got them last week and they are up. Fine, I have lived in this apartment for a while without having them however; it was time to get them. They are orange. So what have I been up too? Well. Here is a point form excitement of my life:

1) Sick with the unusual allergic reaction that nobody seems to know what it is
2) Had a MRI at 3:15 am. It was horrible. I’m claustrophobic so it really didn’t do well. My teeth hurt after, strange…
3) Spent the day at the Dead Sea with Yannah
4) Spent Shabbat in Tel Aviv at Dave’s place. Shabbat was spent on the beach, it was wonderful.
5) As I am a fan of going to places that we (as Jews) are either celebrating or commemorating, went to the Kotel for Tisha Ba’av. Nothing like reading Aicha while sitting in the ruins. Went with Gogie, Rebecca and Binyamin.
6) Built an Ikea cabinet with Binyamin and Avi. I have to say, it took us FOREVER, but we had fun, so it’s all good.
7) Work work work. Went out to Rehovot a few times to work with the group that is there.
8) Working on my weekly parsha classes for next year. (ooh classes!)
9) Hung out with a batch of sports writers from Canada as they were here to see Israel (and got to be their speaker at dinner… which was at my fave restaurant….)
10) Read Harry Potter. (Thanks Anna!)
11) Saw Harry Potter the movie. (And had a huge popcorn fight post-movie with Shoni and Eynat….)
12) Spent a nice Shabbat with Chaya and Hymie Hymes (seriously, that is their names)
13) Spent time with Gogie doing stuff. I don’t know what we did, but we did lots and we had fun doing it.)
14) Hooked up the TV. I now have 3 channels. I watch lots of useless programming. However, it’s fun. Funny thing, as I am typing this, I am watching the opening of the Hutzot Hayir on TV. It’s happening near the old city. So it’s all live right, so they started showing the fireworks, which I can hear from my apartment. I think it’s funny anyways…
15) I have a tan! It’s true; I am not (as) pasty! I also learned that if you put sour cream on your sunburn, it makes you feel better. True story.
16) Ummm… I don’t know. I am sure that I am forgetting something, or six things, however, this is a post.

On that, have a great day. I will write more soon as I am doing some cool things this week…. Like learning how to shoot a gun, going to the chocolate restaurant, probably the beach again, some more work…

Ok, Law and Order is on TV… Gogie and I are going to watch. It’s even one I have not seen!

Nikki

Dinner: Chicken Breasts stuffed with brown rice and carrots (I even cooked! Ooohhh…)

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

see nikki blog.

read nikki blog.

see nikki soon.

nikki dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home