Friday, July 20, 2007

"back" to reality

Hello hello,

Well I am actually trying to update this at least once a week, so we will see what I can come up with.

It’s been an interesting week.

So as some of you know I have a horrible back. Really evil and bad. So since being back I have been put on these super duper heavy back drugs. Now, since being on them I started to get really really itchy – bad itch. So after 2 doctors they decided that I may be allergic to them, so they took me off of them and I am currently on a “drug holiday.” So that being said, the itching has stopped, but the pain is back with a avengence. So until this stuff is out of my system I am back drug free, which we all know sucks a lot. Super sucks actually. So that being said, I was in bed all week with back pain AND itchyness. Hopefully next week I will be back to get onto something that will work and make me less in pain. Fun stuff!

So really I didn’t do that much this week.

However, last Sunday, Rebecca and I went on a mini-holiday. We went to the dead sea for the day, which was great. We floated in the sea, swam in the pool, jumped in the mud, soaked in the sulfer pools and just had a good time. It was nice – the highlight of the week.

This weekend I am going to Tel Aviv (hopefully) with Gogie to spend with my friend Dave that is intown. Should be nice. Hopefully while there I will get to see my cousin and his girlfriend, so that’s nice. Also should be nice to sit on the beach as well. Yay sitting on the beach. Get this pale girl some color.

Oh, one funny thing. So I actually walked over to a friends house (half hunched over, naturally) and while I was there another friend of ours was there with her friend and kid. The little boy is 3, but will be turning 4 over the weekend. So I asked him if he would be turning 4 on Shabbat. He said to me: “No,” but then I said (knowing when his birthday is) ‘but your birthday is on Shabbat” he responds “No it’s not. My birthday is on Shabbes.” I told him that I don’t speak Ashkenaz. He didn’t get it, but I laughed (on the inside….)


Have a Shabbat shalom people.

Nikki

Rachel: not sure what dinner is, I think we are just gonna buy pre-mades.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Bec said...

lying on the beach in TA was amazing!
The dead Sea... sigh... when can we go back???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home