Thursday, July 13, 2006

Headline News

There have been quite a few thigns going on that I really should take a second to write.

The current situation.

Two weeks ago, Gilad Shalit was kidnapped by terrorists (No freedom fighters, but TERRORISTS.) Since his kidnapping, Israel has gone back in to Azza in attempt to find Gilad and stop Quassam's from being fired into Israel (For a excellent documentary on the Quassam's that have been falling into Israel, more specifically Sderot, go to www.chutzpaproductions.com . My friend Igal is the man behind it) Since Gilad's kidnapping, things have changed her day to day (also the kidnapping and murder of Eliyahu Ashiri z"l ) People are more hesitant to hitch a ride around the country, concerned about soldiers and add a special set of prayers for the safe release of all kidnapped soldiers (which sadly, two more were kidnapped yesterday) What is most interesting, is that people don’t refer to Gilad a the kidnapped soldier – He is Gilad. It's almost as if we all know him, all grown up with him. It's an interesting cultural thing to see that the whole country is concerned about his release (The names of the 2 other soldiers have not been released yet.) Last night, all that was on tv was the latest from Lebanon. We've got from the north, we've got from the side, and it's lovely to see that people who claim that they want peace are attacking us with missiles and kidnappings. . . These Terror groups want THOUSANDS of terrorists to be released for the release of our soldiers…right. Release people that are behind terror attacks and hate. No thanks.

The government s talking about beginning to call up the reserves- hopefully my friends that get their phone calls will only be put on "be ready" and not get called up.

Am I concerned about my safety? In truth, no. I still go about my day to day life. I just hope that it will all be over soon.

Do we sit by our tvs, radios and computers and hope for good news? Yes.

Oh wait, I forgot we're the oppressor. Right right.

America goes after people that attack them, that's ok; we do, we're in big trouble (This is why I should stop watching CNN clips at home.


Ok. I just needed to rant for a bit. I did

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home