Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Canadian, Eh?

It's funny. When I was living in Toronto I really didn't care about Canadian holidays, however, for the first time last night I actually celebrated a holiday. Yesterday was Victoria Day (AKA the May 2-4) I called Ian around 5 p.m. and reminded him of what day it was; we then decided, BBQ! So we rounded up the gang, got lots of meat and some beer (nothing canadian, we couldnt find :( ) and had a great "Q" in the park. 20 some-odd of our wanna-be Canadian friends showed up. Ian and I were then complaining that in addition to the Canadian Beer, we were missing the fireworks,then if almost planned, the sky lit up with a 5 min firework show! (Granted, they were probably just getting ready for the Jerusalem Day celebrations...details...)

It was a great night. Football was played (or attempted) good food, good friends..

We were just missing the double-doubles from Timmy's, eh?

Have a good one,

Nikki\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home