Monday, June 26, 2006

Hello, Hello!

Hello, Hello!

It's been awhile since I've actually sat down to write a semi-decent post. This might not be a semi-decent post, but I will try.

It's Summer!


It's so hot right now I cannot even begin to tell you how hot it is. I have never been in Israel for all of June and I have forgotten what heat feels like. This is going to be the first summer in a few years that I am actually going to be here. Unlike Toronto (or any of the other random cities I may have been in during the summer heat) there is no rain to cool the air – it's just hot. Granted it's not humid, it's just hot. I actually found a nice little spot at work where there is great shade and always seems to be cool. It's a good place to have lunch. My office has A/C yet there is the constant battle of "air control" - hopefully we will eventually settle on something without melting/freezing the rest of the office.


The Roommate story

Yep, I have a roommate. Moving in on Wednesday and I am looking forward to it. Finally! It's going to be a bit hard at first to adjust to living with someone again, however, it's time and I am looking forward to it.

Music

I am so out of touch with the "music scene" I have no clue what is popular or who half of the bands listed on Yahoo! Music are. Oh well. Any suggestions of music to listen too? I pretty much just listen to the iPod and go.


Life without a Car.

Well, I'm back to the bus. It's not too bad; I get to listen to my music and walk through the shuk everyday, so that's a nice perk. I've missed my daily shuk wanderings. However, having to rely on the bus schedule is a pain. But, what can ya do? It was fun while it lasted, that I can tell you.


Things to do this summer

I'm accepting suggestions of thigns to do this summer while in Israel. Any thoughts?


I think that's it for now. Back to work!


Leave a post, amuse me. Make me think that someone is actually reading this (Then again, by the counter it says that people ARE reading this…)

Rachel: not sure what's for dinner yet, but I will let you know 

Have a good one,

Nikki

1 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Gafna said...

Hi,
I am reading your blog! And I know you did laugh at my jokes:-)

I´ve just started to work for the Masorti community in Prague so I might be back in Jerusalem soon. Perhaps I will take up your offer then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home