Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pictures!


I decided to share with you some fun photos here.

This is from the past few days when I went to Tel Aviv with some friends of mine and then to the kotel with another friend of mine. The first ones are of the sunset over the Medeterainian. That's me in one of the shots. My friend Michelle got ahold of my camera and decided to take one of me standing the water. The water was really warm (and I kept getting attacked by the garbage that is in the water.... uggghhh... Regardless it was really nice. At this point is started to get really really cold. However... we were out of Jerusalem, and that is what matters....Enjoy the photos :)


















Here are my friends Michelle, Sarah and I on the beach in Tel Aviv. It was a fun day. We got to Tel Aviv around 330. Went to Shenkin Street (which is the "trendy/cool" street) then walked over the beach. Here we are showing off their purchases (and my free gift for just being special and with them)










So, I very very rarely go to the Kotel. It's just one of those things that I don't do. I find the kotel very touristy and disney-esq. It's really hard to get close (as the women are actually violent) and you are berated by beggars and the modesty police (who normally aim to pick a fight with me.) HOWEVER. I decided to try again (as I went last week and it was waaaay to busy) as I had tzedakah money (charity) that I was specifically told to give at the Kotel. So I went with my very good friend Yannah (Yannah and I lived together at one point - she owns Shanti- the insane orange cat that used to terrorize the apartment...) ANYWAYS. Yannah and I always seem to go to the Kotel together, so we did. After finally getting there, we managed to actually get up the kotel. I delivered a slew of "kotel letters" that I had been given and the Tzedakah money that I had. We naturally decided to take the obligatory us at the kotel photos. Leaving we decided to walk out through the Arab Quarter. After dodging a tractor (true story) we finally got out and walked through the new MALL that exists. YES there is a MALL right next to the old city. However, there is a MAC make-up store there.... which could be a bad thing... Anyways, here are some pictures so enjoy. I will try to keep adding more as I take them.

Tonight I will be at the nationally televised Yom HaShoah tekes (Holocaust Remembrance ceremony.)
The President and the Prime Minister will be there, so I will bring my camera in hopes of getting a few shots. It's a pretty moving ceremony and is broadcast all over the country. I went a few years ago and I am glad to go again this year. More on that tomorrow...

On my side, the job hunt continues and I am sure something will come up soon - I'm looking, the whole world seems to know that I am looking so something will work out... always does!

Be in touch and leave a message!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home