Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Canada has what is known as monopoly money. It’s colorful and bright. Recently they started putting brail on it so all could know what denomination it is.

America has green money; though lately, they’ve been adding some color to it.

Israel now has plastic money. That’s right. Yesterday I got a new 20 sheckle bill and it’s plastic. You can’t rip it. Heck, you can go swimming with it and throw it in the laundry (now you can really launder money) and it still won’t fall apart. The new 20-shekel bill is made of a polypropylene polymer. If you go to the ha’aretz article () you can read all about it. It’s plastic. It even has a little window on it. Cute.

So what am I up too?

Well Pessach was nice. I spent most of it sick with a sinus infection that would not go away. This past Sunday I decided I needed to get out of Jerusalem and went to Tel Aviv. After a long Sherut there (where I was stuffed in the back seat with someone practically on my lap) we headed to Shenkin street then to the beach. It was nice to just sit and play in the sea. I didn’t actually go swimming, but it was nice to just sit on the beach and not be in Jerusalem. Ask anyone that lives in the Holy City – sometimes you just need to get out. So I did. Went with a few friends of mine and it was just nice to leave for a bit.

Hmm… Nothing else of exciting…
On Wednesday night I am going to the official Yom Hashoah Ceremony at Yad Vashem. This is the big ceremony – the Prime Minister will be there, dignitaries, Shoah Survivors and a limited amount of people from the public. I was able to get in as I got an email about it. I am taking 2 students from Toronto that are here. Thought they would enjoy it before they head back there to finish up school (look at that, no longer employed by Hillel yet still fighting the good fight….) I’ll write more about that after it happens. I went a few years ago and it was really cool, so I am glad that I get to go again.

Also, still looking for a job… Taking it easy though, really going to go full force next week, so this week, in essence is my last week of nothingness…


Leave me a post, amuse me. I need to be amused. J

Nikki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home