Saturday, April 12, 2008

my travels pt. 2

(If you have not read the entry "my travels pt. 1, please scroll to the previous entry...)

I rush off the plane. Trying to find where the heck I am going as I have missed my flight. I go through security, get yelled at that I have a water bottle in my bag (which I forgot) then scolds me. I make my way to the BA lady to try and figure out what is up. So, she tells me that my bags have been rechecked. I say to her:
Do I have food on that flight? As the last one I didn’t
“Oh” says LouLou. “There wasn;t enough food?”
“No, there was, I just didn’t get my kosher meal and I was ignored.”
“Oh, well I will give you a voucher for here, maybe you will find something?”
“Um.. ok. Sure. (thinking that worst case I will have beer)
“So, you are booked on BMI you will be in Israel this afternoon. Please go to BMI show them your luggage tags and they will make sure that they get your bags.”
“Oh” I say.

I leave her and make my way to the terminal. Go through security (again) and make my way to BMI. They booked my ticket, made sure that my bags would be on the flight and I would get a kosher mean. They then told me to wait for the announcement for my gate.

I start to wander around Heathrow sending facebook messages to Adam (a friend that lives in Londo that I will not be spending the weekend there) to Moshe (that I am coming) and to my father (that I am alive.) I then remember that I am about to kill someone as I am so hungry and go in search of food. I find this little café place that actually has kosher sandwhices! So I get my bland cheese sandwhich and sit down.
Finally. It’s time to get on the plane. At this point I am calm, I know that everything will be fine and that I will be in Israel soon.

I get on the plane.

“Um…. Hello there ladies and gents! Welcome to BMI! We are sorry, but because of the weather outside (it’s raining) we can’t take off yet.”

I fall asleep.

I wake up an hour later.

We are still on the ground. Oh, I should mention that I am in the last row near the bathroom. People are nocking me every time they have to use the small bathroom.

Finally, we take off.

Crappy take off (again.)

Then the meal person. Ms. Would you like chicken or beef?
“um.. I have kosher.”
“Oh… we don’t have one for you. Vegetarian?”

Now. For those of you that know me I have a hard time eating most things. So I decline the meal. They make me more Bloody Mary’s. I keep drinking.

Turbulance.

I felt sick. I never feel sick. Ther eis a line up at the bathroom and there is a girl puking her guts out oh, and I am hungry.

More turbulance.

Finally…

“Ladies and gentleman, we will soon be in Israel. Please put your tray tables….”

Fine. I am finally almost there.

We land. I see it. Finally. No more problems. Just get my bags and get out of here.

I wait by the luggage delivery thing. Slowly more and more people are laving with their luggage. I have nothing. Still nothing. Nothing. NOTHING!

I go to the baggage people.

She starts in Hebrew.

I tell her that I have had enough and just need to do this in English.

“Take this form. Fill it out. Take it to customs. Then come back to me.”

I fill it out and come back. I wont even tell you the time.

They then give me a small toilitree bag and tell me they will call me.


So now. I write this from Israel. All my stuff is somewhere in the world. I have one outfit that I have been wearing for days. You might be saying, “but Nikki, you have all your stuff in Jerusalem. “ Yes, I do. But I am at Moshe’s in Moddin. I don’t home until Sunday.

So here I am. No bags. No word on the bags. I will call them tomorrow morning.



This journey isn’t over… yet.

Welcome back to Israel Nikki, welcome back.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all because you wouldn't write in your blog for 2 months.
Your Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home