Thursday, August 10, 2006

the news

hi there


so I have gotta a few IM's saying: "So, nu? what;s the news?"

Well here it is.

I got a job. A real job. A job that I can actually be proud of. however, there is a catch, I have to go to Toronto for this job. It's only for a year, and I am doing shlicut- service on behalf of the country.

Starting next Thursday I will be the Director of Israel progams for Hillel of Greater Toronto.

Cool huh?

I'm not going to lie - it's going to be hard leaving Israel. However, many of my friends are on the front lines in Lebanon - I will beon the front lines on campus bringing students here to israel and sharing with them my expereinces.

I am really excited - it's very bitter sweet. However, I will be back.Not in the "yeah I willbe back (right, because I amnever coming back)" kinda way, but in the "I have my home and life in Israel" kinda way.

So you heard it here.


shhh...not telling grandparents.(which, safta, if you are reading this... I never said anything...so act surprised :) )

I leave for Toronto on Tuesday.


The shock has not set in yet..


Leave a post,share your thoughts.

Nikki

Rachel: dinner was Shawarma.Mmmm...

5 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Gafna said...

Hi Nikki.
Welcome to the Diaspora club. Sometimes you have to make a little detour to get to where you want to really be. You are great in working with other people and I have no doubt you will do a great job. Seriously. Be possitive about the change!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Gafna said...

Btw. who will live in your apt.?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

thanks Gafna :)

It;s going to be hard leaving for the year, however, I know that I willbe back.

I get to work with people and work with them on behalf of the state, its pretty amazing. It's goingto be very hard work, but I know that in the end, many students will get to come to Israel (and I will have some money in my pocket!)

I am kinda keeping my apartment actually.JUst looking for a subletter... so if you know anyone... :)

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Gafna said...

Yes!!! I know someone. More in email.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't come back

 

Post a Comment

<< Home