Monday, December 11, 2006

Toronto's Kosher

No, I am not writing a rant on the fact that there is no broccoli in any of the kosher establishments in this crazy city- that I will save for another day...

So, last night I went out for dinner with my friends Jon and Rina Parker. We went to Marky's because; well it's Toronto and what else is there to do?

So we went there also because I didn’t want to go to Tov Li- as the last time I was there I found a hair in my falafel ball (ugh.) At Marky's Rina and I ordered our usual - her a salami and eggs breakfast special and me a steak and eggs special. Once we get our food, we were eating and enjoying conversation when I found a hair in my eggs. Yes, a hair. I tried going to another restaurant to get away from hair in my food and yet I still did. Anyways, Marky's happily made me a new steak and eggs and all was well (yes, it was hair free.)

Hmm.. What else?

So I leave for Israel next week, so that’s kind of crazy. Oh the wedding. SO my friends WERE going to get married in Miami - but they changed the wedding to Jerusalem, that's how I get to go (people asked, so I answer...)

That's about all. I’m still busy, and still have not seen some of my friends yet here in Toronto (it's been four months!) it's a bit crazy but I hope to see everyone before I flee the city yet again.

That's all for now. But I posted. Yes Rina and Jon, I did write about Marky's....

Shavoa tov - have a good week

Leave a post, they do make me happy.

Nikki
Rachel: Dinner was a pastrami sandwich. Mmmmm...

6 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Bec said...

I found a hair in my Tov Li food once too.
A dark hair.
EWWWW

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Ewwww dirty.

And you have light hair...

Yuck.

Glad you are reading...

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's worse than getting a hair in your food at Marky's? Getting food poisoning from your food at Marky's. Thanks for the lift to spew-central, Nicorette.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so hymie and chana are getting hitched in jtown? thats news to me, maybe i can go too yay.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Sorry Rinus that you got sick... my family even went there the next night - the knishes wern't even hockey pucks - they were good!

However, thinking about it makes me want to hold my side and gag....

Anytime guys I iwll happily drive you to spewville...

Gogie- Yup, the wedding is in Jerusalem. Get your party shoes dusted off!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Nikki,

I just found your blog on the internet. And after scrolling through different months, I think I like the Comic Book Convention stories the best. I mean, I experienced the war and work at the Jerusalem's Anglo-friendly Call Center (ha!). Comic Books are something new and exciting for me. Write me, so I'll have your email address (mine is beckford101@aol.com) --Becky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home